Broadcasting Forum - Commentators Thread Part 3
Vital Football

Football Broadcasting News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Frozen
Pages (173): « First ... 169 170 171
173 Last »
Commentators Thread Part 3
[Locked]

24 July 2011 09:11 Post ID: #14634 - in reply to #10249
Expert
Sky's promos for the new season are great!
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
24 July 2011 11:05 Post ID: #14635 - in reply to #14634
Extreme Veteran
bwfcol - 24/7/2011 09:11

Sky's promos for the new season are great!

Yep, really enjoying them. Souness breaking the news to Wilkins in the managers office that they're going to have to play Smudger is fantastic.
Like post
Like this post
24 July 2011 11:33 Post ID: #14636 - in reply to #10249
Extreme Veteran
Ray Stubbs presenting coverage of Hibernian vs Celtic from Easter Road with Mark Hateley and John Hartson on ESPN/ESPN HD.

New title sequence too which I like the look of.
Like post
Like this post
24 July 2011 13:59 Post ID: #14637 - in reply to #14636
Expert
Just after 4pm Will have Ian Crocker's interview on TD1 Radio if anyone is around/interested!
Like post
Like this post
24 July 2011 18:37 Post ID: #14643 - in reply to #10249
Expert
Those involved in the new Sky promos are: Graeme Souness, Ray Wilkins, Alan Smith, Neil McCann, Michel Salgado, Jamie Redknapp, Gary Neville, Kevin Phillips, Dwight Yorke and Danny Murphy.

Throw in Ruud Gullit and Glenn Hoddle and thats probably the main pundits for next season (including Soccer Saturday folk).

With Ray Wilkins appearing on the SPL, does that mean they are going to use these pundits across all their football? I would love for Souness to appear on Premier League more often as he is fantastic on the Champions League.

Edited by CardioCortez 24/7/2011 18:44
Like post
Like this post
24 July 2011 18:55 Post ID: #14644 - in reply to #10249
Veteran
One or two there I really hope we don't hear too much of on co-commentary... on the whole a decent enough line-up though I suppose.

I guess Neville and Redknapp will be the regular pundits on PL coverage, with Smith the lead co-commentator and the others more interchangeable, along with the usual guest pundits. We did see more of Souness in the second half of last season but Neville's arrival may mean he's largely confined to CL again.

Interesting that they've concentrated on the ex-player/manager aspect of their punditry team and ignored the new faces in the anchor role and the main commentators in their promos though. Last year's park football promo featured all the major faces/voices at the time.
Like post
Like this post
24 July 2011 19:17 Post ID: #14646 - in reply to #10249
Expert
Paraguay v Uruguay - Copa America Final - ESPN

Commentary will be from Jim Proudfoot and Stewart Robson
Like post
Like this post
24 July 2011 22:50 Post ID: #14647 - in reply to #14646
Token Yank
Glenn Davis and Taylor Twellman working on Man City vs. LA Galaxy, which is airing delayed in the UK and live here.
Like post
Like this post
25 July 2011 00:22 Post ID: #14650 - in reply to #10249
Expert
Here's my interview with Ian Crocker: http://snd.sc/qYrpG8

Many talking points, understandably a lot of it on SPL, Scottish teams in Europe, SPL off the pitch politics, 2010 World Cup and why he isn't in the new season Sky Sports football promos!!

He also states some of his commentaries at the start of the season, other than SPL he is on Dublin Super Cup, Liverpool-Arsenal in 3D and also he is on the Scotland friendly, which is interesting, has Bill Leslie now stopped his Scottish role completely?

Edited by Pakokelso93 25/7/2011 00:23
Like post
Like this post
25 July 2011 11:50 Post ID: #14652 - in reply to #10249
Veteran
If I'm right the players fetaured on the Sky Adverts are: Dwight Yorke, Gary Neville, Danny Murphy, Neil McCann, Kevin Phillips, Jamie Redknapp, Alan Smith Ray Wilkins and Graeme Souness

Focus on Smith implies he will be co-commentator. Personally I think Souness and Smith should be the top two co-commentators
Like post
Like this post
25 July 2011 14:38 Post ID: #14654 - in reply to #14644
Expert
WEEK 1 OF 2011/12 COMP IS NOW ONLINE.

please also vote yes or no for my idea of leagues.

Like post
Like this post
25 July 2011 15:00 Post ID: #14656 - in reply to #14643
Expert
CardioCortez - 24/7/2011 18:37

Those involved in the new Sky promos are: Graeme Souness, Ray Wilkins, Alan Smith, Neil McCann, Michel Salgado, Jamie Redknapp, Gary Neville, Kevin Phillips, Dwight Yorke and Danny Murphy.

Throw in Ruud Gullit and Glenn Hoddle and thats probably the main pundits for next season (including Soccer Saturday folk).

With Ray Wilkins appearing on the SPL, does that mean they are going to use these pundits across all their football? I would love for Souness to appear on Premier League more often as he is fantastic on the Champions League.[/QUOTE

personnaly i would like to see Souness as my number 1 main co comm, he did a game last season and i thought he was very good.
i think he did a champions league match with martin tyler involving man utd and i thought then, sky have found there andy gray replacemant.

Edited by jonboy35 25/7/2011 15:01
Like post
Like this post
25 July 2011 17:14 Post ID: #14658 - in reply to #10249
Veteran
Sorry, great minds think alike us Hull fans you know

I missed out Salgado and made the schoolboy error of not looking at the previous page of the thread!
Like post
Like this post
25 July 2011 19:44 Post ID: #14661 - in reply to #14658
Expert
Dunfermline v St Mirren - Sky Sports 1

David Tanner presenting with Neil McCann and Jim Leishman

Commentary from Jock Brown and Andy Walker, with Peter Martin reporting
Like post
Like this post
25 July 2011 21:50 Post ID: #14665 - in reply to #10249
Veteran
I think the Souness co-commentary was a one-off as a late stand-in for Wilkins, seemed to be quite well received but doesn't want to do the job regularly it would appear.

Guess we'll have Smith supported by Wilkins, probably Neville if reports are to be believed, and a backup cast of McInally, Goodman, Phillips etc. on Premier League games. No Coleman or Fat Sam for the time being as they're back in management, so probably one or two random newcomers as well. Hopefully they'll uncover one or two half decent ones, but not too confident on recent evidence...

Edited by nffc_1978 25/7/2011 21:51
Like post
Like this post
25 July 2011 23:03 Post ID: #14666 - in reply to #14665
Expert
Sportscene - BBC One Scotland (last night)

Rob MacLean presenting with Ryan Stevenson

Rangers v Hearts - Liam McLeod
Motherwell v Inverness CT - David McDaid
Aberdeen v St Johnstone - Rob MacLean
Hibs v Celtic - Liam McLeod
Dundee United v Kilmarnock - Rob MacLean
Like post
Like this post
26 July 2011 00:28 Post ID: #14667 - in reply to #10249
Expert
I think they have Jock Brown to back up Ian Crocker for the next season. Last season when there was double headers and such, Bill Leslie would do the other game, or Scottish Cup games, and of course the Scottish internationals. It seems now Leslie has been 'freed up' of the Scottish football to focus on the Football League and Premier League, and Ian and Jock will take the games Bill would have had.

And no problems Loyal I'm just waiting for the season to flaming hurry up now and we can all stop second-guessing.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (173): « First ... 169 170 171
173 Last »
Jump to forum: