Broadcasting Forum - Favorite Comedians
Vital Football

Football Broadcasting News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Favorite Comedians
20 March 2011 21:01 Post ID: #11721
Token Yank
In no particular order....

George Carlin, Eddie Murphy, Russell Peters, Chris Rock, Jon Stewart, Stewart Francis, Greg Proops, Dave Chappelle, Rich Hall.

And since this is a Brit forum....

British

Frankie Boyle
Jimmy Carr
Rory Bremner
Hugh Dennis

Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
20 March 2011 23:12 Post ID: #11726 - in reply to #11721
Expert
Can we claim Stewart Francis? As well as being brilliant, he lives here, his parents are English in some way and he's a Sheffield Wednesday fan

Frankie Boyle, Gary Delaney, Stewart Francis, Alan Cochrane, Kevin Bridges are all ones that spring to mind.

Can't stand Michael McIntyre, and as some of you may have noticed during my various postings during the World Cup, and maybe beyond, James Corden
Like post
Like this post
23 March 2011 18:06 Post ID: #11776 - in reply to #11721
Expert
James Corden was fabulous in Gavin and Stacey but became grating and got the 'lovejoy syndrome' - he is/was on everything!! Can't stand Cochrane, he is pretty childish at times.

I Like Stewart Francis, Boyle, Bridges, McIntyre, Milton Jones and Peter Kay (although a few years ago when he didn't start reselling same dvds and before he became Geraldine McQueen)

Edited by Pakokelso93 23/3/2011 18:07
Like post
Like this post
23 March 2011 23:30 Post ID: #11787 - in reply to #11721
Elite Veteran
I can't stand Corden. I thought Gavin & Stacey was quite funny, but he is hideously overexposed.

I'm going to see Jimmy Carr in Southport this weekend, I saw him in Manchester a couple of years ago and he was superb. The downside is the fact that he's charging an extra £5 now, but he's worth the money. I'm also seeing John Bishop later this year, only ever seen his stuff on TV but he is very good.

I saw Peter Kay last year at the MEN, he was pretty good, but £35 for 90-odd minutes plus Rick Astley as support and around an hours wait between acts is an absolute piss take. People pay it though so good luck to him for making a few quid out of it.
Like post
Like this post
24 March 2011 14:27 Post ID: #11793 - in reply to #11787
Expert
How Much is it to go and see a comedian live, out of interest. I've never been. £35 sounds not bad in relative terms compared to rugby or football matches etc!
Like post
Like this post
24 March 2011 18:43 Post ID: #11797 - in reply to #11793
Token Yank
Never seen a comedian live, either. Although I've seen MCs try cracking jokes and that fails badly.

From an intellectual viewpoint I also like Stephen Fry. There's actually a decent following of QI in the US (through Youtube of course).
Like post
Like this post
24 March 2011 18:54 Post ID: #11798 - in reply to #11793
Expert
Pakokelso93 - 24/3/2011 14:27

How Much is it to go and see a comedian live, out of interest. I've never been. £35 sounds not bad in relative terms compared to rugby or football matches etc!

Could be my mind playing tricks but I'm sure it was about £25 to see Frankie Boyle at Sheffield City Hall last year. Had sold out moths prior to that though...
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum: