Broadcasting Forum - Favorite Sports Besides Football
Vital Football

Football Broadcasting News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
Write for Vital Football
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Favorite Sports Besides Football
11 September 2011 03:14 Post ID: #15779
Token Yank
Easy thread to get.

Will Always Watch: American football, Soccer, Mixed Martial Arts, Boxing, Basketball, Athletics

Casual: Ice Hockey, Horse Racing, Tennis

Don't Watch: Baseball, Golf, any form of vehicular races (NASCAR, F1, etc.), Pro Wrestling

Now your turn. Also, something needed to get that two month old Amy Winehouse story out of the way!
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
11 September 2011 20:31 Post ID: #15820 - in reply to #15779
Extreme Veteran
It is probably easily (ice) hockey for me. My second favourite sport is Canadian/American football, then association football. Those 3 are above everything else for me. I also watch most Formula 1 races and quite a bit of baseball.

I'd say I'm as casual fan of golf; I usually watch the final round and some weekday coverage of the Majors and the Players Championship. The same goes for curling.
Like post
Like this post
11 September 2011 21:49 Post ID: #15824 - in reply to #15779
Elite Veteran
Will always watch: Football, Cricket, Rugby (Union & League), Golf (Majors & Ryder Cup)

Casual: Baseball, Tennis, Horse Racing (if I have a bet on), Athletics, Boxing, NFL, Darts, Snooker

Won't watch: Motor Sport, MMA, Basketball, Ice Hockey, Wrestling
Like post
Like this post
11 September 2011 21:57 Post ID: #15825 - in reply to #15824
Expert
Obviously football is the number one

As for others...motorsport probably comes next. Primarily F1, I've seen the vast majority of races since 1998, but I follow MotoGP too. After that comes American football, I got into it around 2003 but admittedly it's only in the last five years I've watched it week in week out. After that come cricket and rugby league, which I virtually every week during their resepective seasons.

I'll watch the odd bit of union (a few game sa a season), the golf and tennis majors, and the odd horse race when I put money on.

I won't watch snooker, darts, ice hockey, MMA, wrestling, Aussie Rules amongst others

PS Will the next post on this section of the forum be in November now?

Edited by The Exiled Wanderer 11/9/2011 22:06
Like post
Like this post
14 September 2011 14:21 Post ID: #15908 - in reply to #15779
Regular
I regularly watch football, rugby union and I follow baseball (usually through 5 Live Sports Extra's radio coverage, although it's difficult for me to actually watch the sport seeing as it's no longer on terrestrial TV here). I will watch darts tournaments on the rare occasions they are available free to air or on a bookmaker's website.

I'm an occasional watcher of cricket (usually in highlights form) and listen to coverage of that sport a bit more regularly on the radio. I'll listen to NFL games on the radio from time to time but only tend to watch the Super Bowl. I'm similar to NB Football Fan in that I tend to take in the final afternoon/evening of the golf majors on BBC TV, I'll also watch the odd bit of horse racing like the Cheltenham Gold Cup. I watch a bit of boxing, athletics, snooker and a few other sports.

There's no real sport I actively avoid although I have to admit that tennis and motorsport doesn't do a great deal for me.
Like post
Like this post
14 September 2011 15:45 Post ID: #15912 - in reply to #15908
Expert
The Difference, have you tried MLB.TV? It streams all games for a monthly (or annual fee) plus if you're not for paying there's a "free game" each day. The stream quality is excellent.
Like post
Like this post
15 September 2011 04:42 Post ID: #15950 - in reply to #15912
Extreme Veteran
I second the recommendation of MLB.tv, even if only for their free game of the day (which is all I use it for). The streaming quality is very good. It doesn't help much in the playoffs because I don't think they are streamed (it might be different in Britain though).

I'm not much of a horse racing fan, but I should add that I love the Grand National. It hadn't been televised in Canada until about 4 years ago. I've watched each of the last four and loved all of them. The best thing about it is we get BBC's coverage, just on tape-delay and with a couple commercials added in pre and post race.
Like post
Like this post
16 September 2011 01:48 Post ID: #15974 - in reply to #15779
Veteran
Football and cricket are my number one sports, with baseball following close behind. (I have MLB.TV and echo the comments about regarding its high quality. It's wonderful being able to watch every game live and in HD. And it does work in the post-season for those of us in the UK.)

There are plenty of other sports I'll happily watch, such as tennis, international rugby union, American football, golf (majors and the Ryder Cup) and big boxing fights. I'm also partial to a bit of horse racing when I've got some spare time and cash.

Edited by Li4m 16/9/2011 01:53
Like post
Like this post
16 September 2011 12:26 Post ID: #15975 - in reply to #15779
Extreme Veteran
Largely football for me, but my interest in F1 has been rekindled since the move back to BBC One. I expect it may drift a little next year with the move to Sky.

I always enjoy the snooker, same with the big boxing fights. I'll happily sit and watch darts and rugby when they're on, but I'd never seek them out.
Like post
Like this post
17 September 2011 18:37 Post ID: #16003 - in reply to #15975
Expert
Football and Rugby Union are 50/50 for me superb! F1 is big watch too never miss races/qualifings etc whatever time of the day

Watch the major events in the likes of Golf, Cricket and dabble in the darts...

I don't really like the american sports such as NFL, NHL etc.
Like post
Like this post
17 September 2011 22:22 Post ID: #16015 - in reply to #16003
Token Yank
I have to say I've been watching rugby a little more often and I think I could get into Rugby League and Rugby Union very easily, especially the former. Been watching a little bit on Canadian TV as part of their Sports Weekend special.
Like post
Like this post
17 September 2011 23:45 Post ID: #16018 - in reply to #16015
Expert
You been watching the Rugby World Cup SS? good way to get into union! USA doing distinctly average is good for them!! What channel(s) are even airing it across there?
Like post
Like this post
18 September 2011 00:09 Post ID: #16019 - in reply to #16018
Token Yank
I've watched some of the World Cup. It's mostly on PPV so I just watch some of the games on delay on NBC Sports.

We're getting the Sky Sports New Zealand feed and so far I've watched a little bit or Ireland vs. USA and New Zealand vs. Tonga.

I'll watch Australia vs. USA as it airs on same-day delay. It's fun stuff and I think the basic rules are easy to understand.
Like post
Like this post
18 September 2011 00:25 Post ID: #16020 - in reply to #16019
Veteran
Football and cricket are my main sports, but also follow NFL, F1, rugby union (mainly internationals), and the major events in tennis, golf, athletics, snooker, cycling (Tour de France mainly) and any number of obscure sports when the Olympics come around!
Like post
Like this post
18 September 2011 19:53 Post ID: #16062 - in reply to #15779
Extreme Veteran
Football, darts and pro wrestling (sports entertainment, not sports of course) are the BIG three for me.

Enjoy watching cricket too - more of a one day fan but the odd test series does capture the imagination. Will watch the majors in tennis, golf, athletics and the World Champs of snooker and 9-ball pool (Earl Strickland is a legend!). The NFL when it gets to play-off time always gets a viewing too.
Like post
Like this post
27 September 2011 11:59 Post ID: #16331 - in reply to #16062
Always watch: RaboDirect Pro12 rugby union, International rugby union, World Touring Cars, GP2 / GP3 / World Series by Renault, French & Australian Open Tennis (but not Wimbledon & US open), Downhill Skiing, Luge / Skeleton, Bobsleigh. Most athletics programming that Eurosport show, Cycling

Watch 'If there's noting else really on': Indoor Volleyball, Twenty20 Cricket, Snooker, Ski Jumping, Rowing

Won't watch: Champions League / Europa League and Premier League football, Rugby League, Golf, American Football, NASCAR, Basketball, Nordic / Modern Biathlon.

Edited by IanCleverly 27/9/2011 12:00
Like post
Like this post
01 October 2011 12:50 Post ID: #16437 - in reply to #15779
Regular
Thanks for the recommendations towards MLB.com guys, I shall give it a try if not during the postseason next year. I do use the scoreboard page of MLB.com for "Live Look-Ins" on Sundays (and other evenings UK time with multiple live games) and the quality of streaming there is top notch.

I had heard about the free-to-air daily featured games but had thought this was specifically for Blackberry users as opposed to all web users.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum: