Broadcasting Forum - Commentators Thread Part 5.5 (Euro 2012)
Vital Football

Football Broadcasting News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Frozen
Pages (22): « First ... 16 17 18
20 21 22 Last »
Commentators Thread Part 5.5 (Euro 2012)
[Locked]

28 June 2012 19:39 Post ID: #22408 - in reply to #21988
Elite Veteran
Setanta Australia

Paul Dempsey with Andy Cole & Gary McAllister

Commentators: Connor Morris & Brian Little
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
28 June 2012 20:21 Post ID: #22409 - in reply to #21988
Expert
Mowbray and Lawrenson for the BBC. They just do not have the feeling of a number 1 commentary pairing.
Like post
Like this post
28 June 2012 20:40 Post ID: #22410 - in reply to #21988
Veteran
How much better is the studio stuff tonight without the lazy, tired Hansen. Even Shearer's been ok. With Vialli and Klinsmann you have two very knowledgeable pros who are actually interested in doing their job analysing the match rather than 'bantering' about his choice of shirt for the evening. Good stuff tonight so far.
Like post
Like this post
28 June 2012 20:44 Post ID: #22411 - in reply to #22410
Expert
Was just about to post exactly the same thing as above. Some proper analysis and insightful knowledge of the game. Shame BBC didn't do this for the other semi final too, getting a pundit for each of the two semi finalists then using either of Hansen or Shearer and not both. Gary seems to do a better job presenting too when Hansen isn't sat alongside him.

Martin Keown is with Jake Humphrey pitch side.
Like post
Like this post
28 June 2012 20:47 Post ID: #22412 - in reply to #21988
Extreme Veteran
Even Lawrenson seems better tonight, have to say Guy Mowbery is having his commentry of the tournement so far, been very good and a great goal call for Balotelli's second.
Like post
Like this post
28 June 2012 20:53 Post ID: #22413 - in reply to #21988
Veteran
Just thinking about the punditry in general and England have even been out-performed at that! Jamie Carragher and perhaps Lee Dixon aside, the best pundits so far have been the non-English. Martinez, Keane, Strachan, Klinsmann and now Vialli. Never mind a lack of world class players, we've got a real lack of great pundits too!
Like post
Like this post
28 June 2012 21:33 Post ID: #22414 - in reply to #21988
Expert
Hoddle, Wilkins and Neville are excellent pundits from England. Shame they aren't on our TV screens for this tournament.

I don't think Roy Keane has been particulary good. He just seemed to complain about everything and everyone. He was rightfully criticised by Andy Gray for complaining about Ireland being poor against Spain, not taking into account Spain are the number 1 ranked team or give them any credit in doing so.

Carragher has been good but couldn't allow anybody to criticise his pals in the England side, particularly after the quarter final exit of England when Keane said Gerrard was absent from the game. If he wants to go into punditry full time, this is something he would have not do. Neville isn't afraid to criticise Manchester United, as is Souness not afraid to criticise anybody.
Like post
Like this post
28 June 2012 22:23 Post ID: #22415 - in reply to #22414
Token Yank
With that in mind, where will you watch the final? BBC or ITV?

All commentary listings (ITV is an assumption/semi-confirmation) for live matches are complete.

Thank you all for helping complete a perfect record of everything listed in the first page!
Like post
Like this post
28 June 2012 22:25 Post ID: #22416 - in reply to #21988
Expert
When Neville was playing, it seemed to me he was a bit like you say Carragher is like now, but once he retired, he seemed to stop

Don't like Keane as a pundit, yeah he 'tells it like it is' but says nothing I can't figure out for myself
Like post
Like this post
28 June 2012 22:26 Post ID: #22417 - in reply to #22415
Expert
SSReporters - 28/6/2012 22:23

With that in mind, where will you watch the final? BBC or ITV?

ITV

Might flick over to BBC One for the analysis now and again depending on who they have
Like post
Like this post
28 June 2012 22:56 Post ID: #22419 - in reply to #21988
Veteran
I don't know. I like both Mowbray and Tyldesley (unless the latter is commentating on England or an English side in Europe) but detest both Lawrenson and Townsend. I'd put the 5 Live commentary via the red button but then I'd lose the HD picture. Decisions!
Like post
Like this post
28 June 2012 23:26 Post ID: #22420 - in reply to #22410
Elite Veteran
Seagull_Mark - 28/6/2012 20:40

How much better is the studio stuff tonight without the lazy, tired Hansen. Even Shearer's been ok. With Vialli and Klinsmann you have two very knowledgeable pros who are actually interested in doing their job analysing the match rather than 'bantering' about his choice of shirt for the evening. Good stuff tonight so far.

CardioCortez - 28/6/2012 20:44

Was just about to post exactly the same thing as above. Some proper analysis and insightful knowledge of the game. Shame BBC didn't do this for the other semi final too, getting a pundit for each of the two semi finalists then using either of Hansen or Shearer and not both. Gary seems to do a better job presenting too when Hansen isn't sat alongside him.

Yep, I thought this too. It was a refreshing change to see pundits actually making an effort to analyse the game, as opposed to the old boys club effort when Hansen, Shearer, Lineker etc are together. No doubt Hansen will be back on Sunday, spouting his lazy, cliched opinions.

Not quite sure how much of the build up I'll get to see, but I'd go with ITV for that, depending who they have on, then switch to the BBC for the match. Whilst Lawro gets on my nerves to varying degrees, I'd never willingly choose to listen to Townsend, ever.
Like post
Like this post
28 June 2012 23:51 Post ID: #22422 - in reply to #21988
Veteran
Adrian Chiles on the highlight show mentioned that Roy Keane, Roberto Martinez and Gareth Southgate will be joining him on Sunday.
Like post
Like this post
29 June 2012 09:51 Post ID: #22423 - in reply to #22422
Extreme Veteran
epl - 28/6/2012 23:51

Adrian Chiles on the highlight show mentioned that Roy Keane, Roberto Martinez and Gareth Southgate will be joining him on Sunday.

Who did the highlights on ITV for Germany v Italy? Thanks
Like post
Like this post
29 June 2012 10:14 Post ID: #22424 - in reply to #21988
Extreme Veteran
Clive T and Andy T.
Like post
Like this post
29 June 2012 10:20 Post ID: #22425 - in reply to #21988
Extreme Veteran
Have to say i was impressed with Guy Mowbery last night, may well of been due to the fact England were not taking part but he did come across very well indeed.
He rose to the ocassion really well and brought the excitement across to the viewer alot better than he normally does when England are playing.
Good call for Balotelli's second and even at times brought Lawrenson out in a laugh, unheard off!!
Hopefully he can reproduce that on Sunday.
Like post
Like this post
29 June 2012 11:43 Post ID: #22426 - in reply to #22425
Veteran
Given that he did the semi-final and would have done the opening ceremony and first game if it hadn't been for his unexpected absence can we assume that Steve Wilson is now ahead of Pearce in the pecking order? JP was recruited as the heir apparant to Motson but is now seemingly relegated to third place.

Likewise on ITV, although I would have been 99.9999% certain that Tyldesley would get the final, when I heard CT doing both semis it crossed my mind that with England eliminated and his contract not being renewed, there might just be the slightest chance that Drury might have got the final (he did it in 2008 albeit highlights only). If not, it must be a blow to him that not only did he get either semi, but Champion got England-Italy.

Like post
Like this post
Pages (22): « First ... 16 17 18
20 21 22 Last »
Jump to forum: