Broadcasting Forum - Commentators Thread Part 6
Vital Football

Football Broadcasting News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
Vital Football Comment
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (96): « First
2 3 4 ... Last »
Commentators Thread Part 6
10 July 2012 20:42 Post ID: #22515
Token Yank
Thanks to everyone who contributed in the Euro 2012 thread! All of the information on live and non-live games for BBC and ITV has been retrieved and recorded.

Continue on with part 6 as we have just reached our 2nd year on Vital Broadcasting!

There's Brazilian football, preseason, Olympics, and then eventually the start of the Premier League and Football League all to come over the next few weeks.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
11 July 2012 19:01 Post ID: #22518 - in reply to #22515
Expert
off thread , 2 questions for all you scottish footy fans on here.

1 - where do you want the rangers to be playing this season coming up.

2 - are you as a fan in favor pr a new set up in leagues in scotland which was announced today.
Like post
Like this post
11 July 2012 23:54 Post ID: #22519 - in reply to #22518
Expert
I want Rangers playing anywhere, as follower of them. Not sure on 2. I like the thought of the bigger SPL and play offs at the bottom. Not sure though.
Like post
Like this post
12 July 2012 20:01 Post ID: #22521 - in reply to #22518
Extreme Veteran
jonboy35 - 11/7/2012 19:01

2 - are you as a fan in favor pr a new set up in leagues in scotland which was announced today.

1. For the sake of any remaining sporting integrity in the game, they need to start in Division Three - just like every other new team.

2. The proposals are absolutely ludicrous. Just last year the SPL chief exec said that expanding the league was absolutely unworkable and even suggested cutting down to 10 teams. Now that one of the ''big'' teams are in trouble they're falling over themselves to restructure the leagues to help them. If this was Motherwell or Kilmarnock, for example, there would be no vote and they would already have been preparing for their 3rd Division campaign. Rant over.
Like post
Like this post
12 July 2012 20:45 Post ID: #22522 - in reply to #22515
Expert
UEFA U19 Championship Semi Finals - Eurosport

England v Greece - Tim Caple and Gary O'Reilly
France v Spain - Wayne Boyce and Gary O'Reilly
Like post
Like this post
12 July 2012 23:26 Post ID: #22523 - in reply to #22518
Veteran
jonboy35 - 11/7/2012 19:01

1- it needs to be division 3, integrity of the game and abiding by the rules is very important to a lot of fans whos clubs have not bought their way to success

2- the new proposals leave a bad taste in my mouth and i suspect that it will do the same for alot of other fans as well. to my mind too much tv exposure has actually deteriated the quality of the scottish game, look back 15 years ago and the quality of game was far higher (and i am talking outside the old firm) with only one game a week on tv.

I am yet to fully grasp how the sky (no pun intended) will fall if it takes rangers 3 years to get back into the spl. i just had a look at my clubs 2011 accounts, gate revenue is almost twice as much as broadcasting rights. to my mind the best thing for scottish football is make the leage more competative which would naturally drive up gate revenue
Like post
Like this post
13 July 2012 16:46 Post ID: #22524 - in reply to #22523
Expert
so what will happen now with sky and espn now rangers will be playing there football in league 3 from this season.

plus is there a tv contract for scottish football league footy.
Like post
Like this post
13 July 2012 17:27 Post ID: #22525 - in reply to #22515
Elite Veteran
I suspect BBC/SKY in the cup games will be falling over Rangers whoever they get
Like post
Like this post
13 July 2012 18:02 Post ID: #22526 - in reply to #22525
Veteran
according to arius on digital spy the sfl have sold their tv rights to the SPL
Like post
Like this post
13 July 2012 18:34 Post ID: #22527 - in reply to #22515
Elite Veteran
Camerons, Meaning that SKY/ESPN could show Rangers as well??
Like post
Like this post
13 July 2012 19:51 Post ID: #22528 - in reply to #22526
Extreme Veteran
camerons - 13/7/2012 18:02

according to arius on digital spy the sfl have sold their tv rights to the SPL

I believe they were going to sell the rights for £1m if Rangers ended up in Div 1, then the SPL would give those rights to Sky/ESPN for free to make sure they don't pull out of the SPL deal. No idea what new Rangers being in Div 3 means for the TV deal, don't think we've had an official announcement yet.
Like post
Like this post
13 July 2012 21:35 Post ID: #22529 - in reply to #22528
Expert
Wouldn't Surprise me even Div 3 Rangers home games some are shown on Sky or ESPN.

I've said before I think ESPN should think about gaining some SFL football (highlights, maybe a 1st division live game a week and now Rangers games maybe). Especially as the EPL rights come to an end at the end of the season.

Edited by Pakokelso93 13/7/2012 21:36
Like post
Like this post
13 July 2012 22:40 Post ID: #22530 - in reply to #22529
Expert
Al Hilal v Manchester City (ESPN)

Commentator: Joe Speight
Like post
Like this post
14 July 2012 12:02 Post ID: #22531 - in reply to #22515
Veteran
Two questions from me ahead of next season.

1. Where will Peter Drury be? I think PLP/ITV freelance but would a move to be Sky's number 4 commentator be a surprise as Bill Leslie seems to have dropped back a bit?

2. What will happen with Sky co-commentary? Personally I think Niall Quinn will become the main co-commentator, as prominent as Martin Tyler as main commentator. Not every big match but most of them. I expect Alan Smith to be No2. I'm not sure what will happen to Gary Neville, for me his studio work is far, far better. I thought Wilkins was very good last year, surprised to see him stop co-commentary. Expect Quinn, Smith, Neville, Le Tissier to be the 4 co-coms
Like post
Like this post
14 July 2012 12:03 Post ID: #22532 - in reply to #22529
Expert
Pakokelso93 - 13/7/2012 21:35

Wouldn't Surprise me even Div 3 Rangers home games some are shown on Sky or ESPN.

I've said before I think ESPN should think about gaining some SFL football (highlights, maybe a 1st division live game a week and now Rangers games maybe). Especially as the EPL rights come to an end at the end of the season.

well theres one thing rangers can do and celtic cant , play a match in england this season , against berwick.
Like post
Like this post
14 July 2012 12:06 Post ID: #22533 - in reply to #22531
Expert
loyalsince - 14/7/2012 12:02

Two questions from me ahead of next season.

1. Where will Peter Drury be? I think PLP/ITV freelance but would a move to be Sky's number 4 commentator be a surprise as Bill Leslie seems to have dropped back a bit?

2. What will happen with Sky co-commentary? Personally I think Niall Quinn will become the main co-commentator, as prominent as Martin Tyler as main commentator. Not every big match but most of them. I expect Alan Smith to be No2. I'm not sure what will happen to Gary Neville, for me his studio work is far, far better. I thought Wilkins was very good last year, surprised to see him stop co-commentary. Expect Quinn, Smith, Neville, Le Tissier to be the 4 co-coms

if they could i would get graeme souness , he did a couple of games not last season but season before in a champions league match and i thought he was great.

i think if they keep nail quinn away from city matches then yes good co comm .
Like post
Like this post
15 July 2012 00:22 Post ID: #22537 - in reply to #22515
Expert
Spain v Sweden - UEFA U19 Women's Championship Final - Eurosport 2

Commentary from Tim Caple and Emma Hayes

Corinthians v Nautico - ESPN

Commentary from Mark Donaldson and Flavio Pereira (as ESPN International)

Edited by TheWanderer90 15/7/2012 00:31
Like post
Like this post
Pages (96): « First
2 3 4 ... Last »
Jump to forum: