Broadcasting Forum - Commentators Thread Part 6
Vital Football

Football Broadcasting News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
Vital Football Comment
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (96): « First 1 2 3
5 6 7 ... Last »
Commentators Thread Part 6
21 July 2012 22:01 Post ID: #22590 - in reply to #22589
Token Yank
Good god Farrar and Rosenior are terrible. At halftime Farrar says it's been entertaining only to pull a complete 180 as to what really happened, and then properly say the game has been awful.

Rosenior is totally incoherent and a rambling mess.

Mind you, I don't have Fox Soccer anymore so I'm not sure the alternative is any better.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
21 July 2012 23:10 Post ID: #22591 - in reply to #22515
Veteran
Supposedly the FSC commentator were calling Charlie Adam = Adams, and called Pacheco = Aquilani, and gave no lineup in the beginning of the broadcast.

Liverpool's 2nd half lineup according to FSC.

http://i.imgur.com/mmHoc.png

I guess we have 2 Spearing's in the team. Oh dear.

Edited by epl 21/7/2012 23:14
Like post
Like this post
22 July 2012 01:34 Post ID: #22592 - in reply to #22591
Expert
Having watched the newest Premier League Years for last season, I have to say what a strong season Martin Tyler had. Strings of incredible goal calls and numerous big games with it. Really shows his worth as Sky number 1.

The programme itself though isn't as good as the older ones. Many games are cut short, some goals aren't even bothered to be shown and the news parts for each month is lessened too. It used to use alot of the charts music for that year too, but that was less, as was Georgie Thompsons speaking parts, although that is probably due to F1 commitments. Come to think of it, with the amount they seemed to cut out, I don't actually know what they left in? It's the first time they didn't mention the Champions League too, and that's despite Chelsea winning it. In previous years they showed the winning goals from the Final. I did notice they didn't cut out goal calls for Andy Gray and Ian Darke own video package segments.
Like post
Like this post
23 July 2012 00:02 Post ID: #22593 - in reply to #22592
Veteran
CardioCortez - 22/7/2012 01:34

The programme itself though isn't as good as the older ones. Many games are cut short, some goals aren't even bothered to be shown and the news parts for each month is lessened too. It used to use alot of the charts music for that year too, but that was less, as was Georgie Thompsons speaking parts, although that is probably due to F1 commitments. Come to think of it, with the amount they seemed to cut out, I don't actually know what they left in? It's the first time they didn't mention the Champions League too, and that's despite Chelsea winning it. In previous years they showed the winning goals from the Final. I did notice they didn't cut out goal calls for Andy Gray and Ian Darke own video package segments.

I agree, the programme was just another run of the mill compilation. It was like this last year too. The news part of each month added so much to the nostalgic feel of the programme and made it stand out from other review shows. This may as well have been a 2 hour Netbusters.

There were also only a couple of glimpses of the studio stuff and Ed Chamberlin's voice wasn't even heard until the final 15 minutes. I was hoping at least one analysis section from G Nev on MNF would have been included seeing as it was so strong but nothing. And only a couple of the intro VTs too, always a highlight on this show.

Perhaps the early ones are much better because there wasn't millions of hours of footage available; only selected games had 'live standard' camera coverage and commentary, unlike now when every single game does.
Like post
Like this post
24 July 2012 19:03 Post ID: #22599 - in reply to #22515
Expert
Malaysia XI v Arsenal (ESPN)

Commentators: Dave Farrar and Stephen Craigan

Schalke v AC Milan (ESPN)

Commentator: Dan O' Hagan

Edited by digiremote 24/7/2012 20:02
Like post
Like this post
24 July 2012 20:23 Post ID: #22600 - in reply to #22599
Expert
Its Guy Mowbray & Lucy Ward in Cardiff

Jonathan Pearce & Jo Potter on Brazil vs Cameroon womens (BBC 3 2nd half)

So possibly Steve Wilson at OT on Thursday
Like post
Like this post
24 July 2012 20:54 Post ID: #22601 - in reply to #22515
Elite Veteran
Just to let you guys know. not sure about Virgin, but SKY have 24 Olympic channels starting from CH 450 onwards. On there they will have all the football matches for Wednesday and Thursday and i'm guessing for the rest of the Olympics as well.
Like post
Like this post
24 July 2012 21:44 Post ID: #22602 - in reply to #22601
Veteran
David04121980 - 24/7/2012 20:54

Just to let you guys know. not sure about Virgin, but SKY have 24 Olympic channels starting from CH 450 onwards. On there they will have all the football matches for Wednesday and Thursday and i'm guessing for the rest of the Olympics as well.

We've got them on Virgin Media too, just 100 channels higher up the list on Channel 550 onwards!
Like post
Like this post
24 July 2012 22:32 Post ID: #22603 - in reply to #22515
Expert
And Freesat too, the idea is every second of every event will be shown live, including the football
Like post
Like this post
25 July 2012 01:36 Post ID: #22606 - in reply to #22515
Extreme Veteran
Will be at work tomorrow when it is on, so I'll post now.

2012 Olympic Women's Football - Canada vs. Japan - TSN and Sportsnet (in Canada)
James Duthie and Jennifer Hedger (CTV's Daytime hosts) will present with Kara Lang in London. Commentators are Gerry Dobson and Jason de Vos, both of whom are in Toronto.

No better way to get the Olympic spirit/atmosphere to come across than to have your commentators in a studio on a different continent some 6000km away.
Like post
Like this post
25 July 2012 10:31 Post ID: #22607 - in reply to #22606
Veteran
And for those who only have freeview, you will have four channels to choose from.

BBC3 will be broadcasting 24 hours a day during the Olympics and will be the "second channel" for sport. Apart from overruns, the intention is that BBC2 will only be covering for BBC1 when the news is on (there's some technical issue that BBC2 cannot have regional optouts so the news has to stay on BBC1).

There's also a second red button channel on 302 but you might need to rescan your box if you can't find it.
Like post
Like this post
25 July 2012 16:54 Post ID: #22608 - in reply to #22607
Expert
USA v France (BBC Red Button)

Commentator: Martin Fisher
Like post
Like this post
25 July 2012 20:38 Post ID: #22609 - in reply to #22600
Regular
bwfcol - 24/7/2012 20:23

Possibly but he is commentated on the Women's Football in Coventry this evening between Sweden and South Africa women, I think it was Alistair Mann was on the first game in Coventry.

The match between North Korea and Colombia has been delayed until 20:50 due the Stadium big screens showing the South Korean flag with the team line ups. The BBC have cut to a stationary shot of the pitch and there is no commentary, presumably until the game begins

And commentary is provided by John Roeder so it seems despite back to back games at most grounds the BBC are using two separate teams for each game with lesser games having one commentator (ones shown on BBC Olympics channel 2 and 3 this evening) and games on BBC One and BBC Three and HD Channel having two coms

Edited by andrewatnufc 25/7/2012 20:55
Like post
Like this post
25 July 2012 21:16 Post ID: #22610 - in reply to #22600
bwfcol - 24/7/2012 20:23

Its Guy Mowbray & Lucy Ward in Cardiff

Jonathan Pearce & Jo Potter on Brazil vs Cameroon womens (BBC 3 2nd half)

Steve Wilson will be at OT for Uruguay v UAE, the Radio Times lists Pearce + Lawrenson for all the GB mens group matches.
Like post
Like this post
25 July 2012 22:54 Post ID: #22611 - in reply to #22515
Expert
Falkirk v Bolton - Falkirk TV (because it's bigger than the Olympics)

Commentary from Andy Thomson and Craig Turnbull
Like post
Like this post
26 July 2012 01:35 Post ID: #22613 - in reply to #22515
Expert
To confirm it was Rae and Mustoe for ESPN for Roma v Liverpool

Max Bretos is presenting that and the All-Star Game from Philadelphia with Alexi Lalas and Kasey Keller
Like post
Like this post
26 July 2012 01:41 Post ID: #22614 - in reply to #22611
Expert
TheWanderer90 - 25/7/2012 22:54

Falkirk v Bolton - Falkirk TV (because it's bigger than the Olympics)

Commentary from Andy Thomson and Craig Turnbull

Was in Falkirk today visiting family and just decided to go to the game, as it was pay at the gate, Lovely stadium there when you see it from the inside.

Edited by Pakokelso93 26/7/2012 01:42
Like post
Like this post
Pages (96): « First 1 2 3
5 6 7 ... Last »
Jump to forum: