Broadcasting Forum - Premier League Chat
Vital Football

Football Broadcasting News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (6): 1 2 3 4 5
Premier League Chat
07 March 2011 01:04 Post ID: #11273 - in reply to #11262
Veteran
Rafael also should have been sent of! What a season this is turning to be... Ian stunned
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
15 March 2011 18:09 Post ID: #11509 - in reply to #278
Token Yank
Surely they're still useful at home, right?

No more excuses. Arsenal are breathing down our necks and we have to be in front in the standings come the trip to The Emirates.

Based on that I don't want to see Evans or Carrick on the pitch from here on out.
Like post
Like this post
15 March 2011 22:38 Post ID: #11529 - in reply to #11509
Elite Veteran
SSReporters - 15/3/2011 18:09

Surely they're still useful at home, right?

No more excuses. Arsenal are breathing down our necks and we have to be in front in the standings come the trip to The Emirates.

Based on that I don't want to see Evans or Carrick on the pitch from here on out.

Just when you think the injuries are clearing up, they start flaring up again, and all in defence. Judging by the defensive display tonight, Vidic and/or Rio need to be back as a matter of urgency. If both of them are absent for any great length of time, we won't win anything this season. Smalling has been excellent, but it's noticeable how his 2 worst displays have been when paired with Wes Brown (tonight and at Anfield), yet with Vidic or Rio he looks like he's been playing for years.

At Old Trafford we're fine, we just seem incapable of playing well for 90 minutes outside of Stretford.
Like post
Like this post
03 April 2011 19:16 Post ID: #12135 - in reply to #278
Token Yank
Wooooo!!! I love you Rooney!! :D

To deflect from the title race, anyone think Villa might go down? I believe they are only 1 point above the drop as it stands. Still have to play Arsenal and Liverpool (final day) with the season coming to a close.
Like post
Like this post
05 April 2011 23:11 Post ID: #12224 - in reply to #12135
Expert
They could well, but honestly I think they actually won't, wile they're porous at the back, Young, Downing and Bent have been some of the better players in the league this season. They'll lose a few yeah, but I sse them just about doing it#

I've done the PL predictor and I get get at the end of the season

Man Utd 82
Arsenal 77
Chelsea 74
Man City 66
Tottenham 63
Everton 57
Liverpool 56
Bolton 52
Stoke 46
Sunderland 46
Newcastle 44
Birmingham 44
Fulham 43
Aston Villa 43
Wigan 42
Blackburn 41
WBA 40
West Ham 39
Wolves 38
Blackpool 38
Like post
Like this post
09 April 2011 18:53 Post ID: #12323 - in reply to #12224
Expert
Brilliant stuff from us today.

However, I did witness the worst 45 minutes from a PL team I've seen in a long time
Like post
Like this post
10 May 2011 13:56 Post ID: #13313 - in reply to #278
Elite Veteran
Slow news day at the BBC?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13347834.stm

Of course they won't get the trophy. If a team has a home game remaining, they always wait.
Like post
Like this post
15 May 2011 18:42 Post ID: #13524 - in reply to #13313
Expert
After saying for a while it'll be West Ham, Wolves and Blackpool to go down, I'll have to replace Wolves with Birmingham
Like post
Like this post
16 May 2011 16:58 Post ID: #13556 - in reply to #13524
Token Yank
I guess Avram Grant probably won't get another managerial job in England after this latest disaster.

West Ham board have got to be mentally insane to have kept him around as long as they did.
Like post
Like this post
17 May 2011 22:51 Post ID: #13597 - in reply to #310
Token Yank
SSReporters - 9/7/2010 21:10

Mighty Man Utd to win the league again now that we have a striker who isn't dead weight like Berbatov.

Relegated - Blackpool, West Brom, Sunderland

I've picked Sunderland 3 years in a row now. It will work. :D

Lucky lucky Sunderland. I'm picking them to drop again next year!!! They've been dreadful and I remember they were talking about European qualification when they played Bolton!
Like post
Like this post
18 May 2011 18:35 Post ID: #13612 - in reply to #13597
Regular
SSReporters - 17/5/2011 22:51

SSReporters - 9/7/2010 21:10

Mighty Man Utd to win the league again now that we have a striker who isn't dead weight like Berbatov.

Relegated - Blackpool, West Brom, Sunderland

I've picked Sunderland 3 years in a row now. It will work. :D

Lucky lucky Sunderland. I'm picking them to drop again next year!!! They've been dreadful and I remember they were talking about European qualification when they played Bolton!

Two seasons in a row under Bruce, Sunderland have had a great first half of the season only to dip alarmingly in the second half. It's patently obvious that they lack squad depth. It's been worse this season because they sold Darren Bent. Arguably with Bent in the team, Sunderland would have probably finished 7th or 8th; and Aston Villa might well be in the bottom 3.

If Sunderland really want to push on and become a top 8 club they need to start making ambitious signings, not selling their best players. Long-term, I wonder whether either the fans or the board will be happy with bottom half finishes.

Like post
Like this post
18 May 2011 18:39 Post ID: #13613 - in reply to #13556
Regular
SSReporters - 16/5/2011 16:58

I guess Avram Grant probably won't get another managerial job in England after this latest disaster.

West Ham board have got to be mentally insane to have kept him around as long as they did.

Grant's not as bad a manager as some people make out. If you look at West Ham's points tally and record this year compared with Zola's record last season, it's nearly identical. With one game left to play, West Ham have 33 points, whereas last season they garnered 35. Zola was fortunate that last season there were three very poor quality teams below him. This season the overall standard of clubs at the bottom has improved, and more clubs are taking points off the bigger clubs. That's where Grant has been unfortunate. His team would have stayed up last season, and with a game to go would have been well-placed to stay up in 2009 too.

Having said all that, it was a surprising appointment. I'd have gone for a young up-and-coming manager from the Championship rather than Grant.
Like post
Like this post
02 October 2011 16:35 Post ID: #16478 - in reply to #278
Token Yank
I know it's a difficult schedule to start with but Bolton looks atrocious defensively.

Without even looking I'd say they've given up over 25 already.
Like post
Like this post
02 October 2011 21:23 Post ID: #16494 - in reply to #16478
Expert
SSReporters - 2/10/2011 16:35

I know it's a difficult schedule to start with but Bolton looks atrocious defensively.

Without even looking I'd say they've given up over 25 already.

Just the 21. We've been piss poor at the back at times but our season really starts after the international break

At the moment, I think we'll still be comfortably safe. Not quite as confident of that top half finish though. Let's see where we're at come the end of November
Like post
Like this post
10 December 2011 19:03 Post ID: #18014 - in reply to #278
Token Yank
Coyle is doomed. I really wanted Villa gone because of Alex McLeish and his horrendous negative football but today it's like they were a new team!

Meanwhile, big win for us toady. Hopefully Chelsea can do us a favor on Monday night.
Like post
Like this post
10 December 2011 20:07 Post ID: #18019 - in reply to #18014
Expert
Not sure he is. Gartside keeps saying that Coyle is here to stay and we're going through a difficult time with injuries/trasitional period etc. He even told one fan on Twitter to "get a life" in response to criticism of Coyle

He's made quite a few mistakes, but I'm struggling to think of someone who would do a better job, and actually come to us

Long season ahead, although I don't think we're doomed yet
Like post
Like this post
Pages (6): 1 2 3 4 5
Jump to forum: