Broadcasting Forum - Commentators Thread
Vital Football

Football Broadcasting News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Frozen
Pages (188): « First ... 185 186 187
Last »
Commentators Thread
[Locked]

18 October 2010 20:48 Post ID: #5539 - in reply to #1008
Extreme Veteran
Phillips getting old club owners mixed up-calling former Blackburn chairman Jack Walker-Sir Jack haywood.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
18 October 2010 20:51 Post ID: #5540 - in reply to #1008
Veteran
The question now is whether Keys will present on Saturday, especially as there are two games, and the lunchtime one at least is quite big.
Like post
Like this post
18 October 2010 20:59 Post ID: #5541 - in reply to #1008
Extreme Veteran
I think Kevin Phillips has been quite good on his debut. A surprise really, still a kick in the teeth for the likes of Davie Provan, Birtles and Goodman.

As for Richard Keys on saturday, i think he will present both games from their grounds. Andy Gray could do the co commentary from White Hart Lane and be in the studio for the West Ham game. Been done before i think.
Like post
Like this post
18 October 2010 21:02 Post ID: #5542 - in reply to #1008
Expert
Good point Steve.

Chelsea and Arsenal are basically a double bill for Keys on Tuesday and he will probably present that. I imagine he will then present Man Utd the following night aswell.

Saturday is a double bill, so I can't imagine Key's missing that - I think they will present from the first game with Gray on commentary, then use Gray as the pundit for the second game [Similar to last season when it was Chelsea Vs Man City then at 5 it was Stoke Vs Arsenal when Gray came into the studio to join Keys, still at Stamford Bridge]. (Unless they move from White Hart Lane to Upton Park in the space between the two games, but I don't think it would be worth the bother).

Super Sunday as normal with Stoke Vs Man Utd then Man City Vs Arsenal - another double header I doubt Keys will miss. Present this from Eastlands likely. Maybe the only part he may miss will be the second game on the Saturday with Jones/Shephard presenting instead?

Busy week for him if he does fill all these dates.

Edited by CardioCortez 18/10/2010 21:05
Like post
Like this post
18 October 2010 21:18 Post ID: #5543 - in reply to #5542
Veteran
I don't see Keys presenting both games on Saturday, I think David Jones will probably do one of them if not both.
Like post
Like this post
18 October 2010 21:31 Post ID: #5544 - in reply to #5536
Expert
kkirschy23 - 18/10/2010 20:35

How much is it for Sky 3D?

No extra charge if you have Sky World and HD pack (mind you that's still £61 a month if I'm right)

Edited by The Exiled Wanderer 18/10/2010 21:32
Like post
Like this post
18 October 2010 23:12 Post ID: #5552 - in reply to #5544
Elite Veteran
The Exiled Wanderer - 18/10/2010 21:31

kkirschy23 - 18/10/2010 20:35

How much is it for Sky 3D?

No extra charge if you have Sky World and HD pack (mind you that's still £61 a month if I'm right)

Correct, though even if you have all of the above you stll have to ring up or go online to get them to activate the 3D channel.

Quietly impressed by Kevin Phillips tonight, a good, solid debut. A lot better than some of the recent newcomers to Sky's co-comm ranks. Daniel Mann was superb, give him a few years and I think he'll go further than the likes of Hawthorne & Leslie.

On another point, I know Sky have to fill quotas of showing teams etc, but I heard Mann say that there have only been 22 goals in 14 PL games between Blackburn & Sunderland, so why on earth did they expect tonight to be any different, especially with Allardyce in charge at Blackburn.
Like post
Like this post
18 October 2010 23:18 Post ID: #5554 - in reply to #1008
Extreme Veteran
Very pleased that Mann did tonight's game. I've been saying for years that he has the quality to go all the way to number 1 and it's great he's now done his first live PL game.

I know it's a CL week but it would have been perfectly possible for one of the usual PL commentators to do tonight - in particular Parry.

Only saw a few minutes of the game but did see the sending off. I was surprised Mann did not say anything about the likelihood of a red card before the red card was actually shown. I would have expected him to say something like "surely that must be a red card" straight after the incident.
Like post
Like this post
18 October 2010 23:34 Post ID: #5556 - in reply to #5554
Token Yank
This thread is closed, so please move to part 2:

http://www.broadcasting.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-vie...
Like post
Like this post
Pages (188): « First ... 185 186 187
Last »
Jump to forum: